শনিবার, ৬ জুন, ২০১৫

Kieswetter forced to retire

England and Somerset wicketkeeper/batsman Craig Kieswetter has been forced to retire due to an eye injury, he announced Friday.
The 27-year-old player was left with vision problems after breaking his nose and damaging his cheekbone while batting in a County Championship match against Northamptonshire in July last year.
"Having gone through that experience of my eye injury and everything it entailed, I feel mentally I will never again be the player that I was," Kieswetter said in a statement.
"I have had a terrific career, with plenty of ups and occasional downs, and I am calling time on my career and walking away with no regrets."
Kieswetter played in 46 ODIs and 25 Twenty20 internationals for England, but never got Test cap.
In first-class cricket and list A cricket, he averaged just under 40 with the bat, while his average in Twenty20 was just under 32. Behind the stumps he claimed 308 catches and 11 stumpings.
“I'll have so many memories of a career that spanned nine years of my life during which I have made so many friends," Kieswetter added. "See you all on the sidelines."

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন