রবিবার, ১৭ মে, ২০১৫

Hope to play Test this year - Taskin Ahamed

Taskin Ahmed's burst in international cricket left many at the edge of their seats. The tall 20-year-old pace bowler has already added a flair to the Bangladesh pace attack under the leadership of Mashrafe Bin Mortaza. However, his success has been limited to the shorter versions.
When Bangladesh's Test team has been crying for a quality pace bowler in their line-up, many have been curious to know why this exciting bowler doesn't get the nod for Test.

“Test cricket is the ultimate goal for any cricketer. I have started my ODI and T20I career, but I am looking forward to Test cricket, but I have some fitness issues," Taskin told The Daily Star yesterday.
"I am working hard to improve my strength in my knees so that I can make my dream come true this year. If not this year then next year is a must," the confident paceman added.
Chief selector Faruque Ahmed said that his selection panel will meet with the concerned people regarding Taskin's fitness very soon to get an exact picture.

"Obviously it would be fantastic for us if he is available for Test selection, but we should be careful and make sure that Bangladesh gets his service from for a long period of time," said Faruque.

"Initially I had a problem with tendon in my left knee and then the same problem occured in my right knee. I have been in a rehabilitation programme under the supervision of our development trainer Stuart Karppinen and physio Brett Harropp for a long time and I have a system to follow.

“For example, I have to take a day's rest after every one-day game, but that would not be the case in Tests," Taskin said, explaining the reason behind the delay of his Test debut.

"I have a dream but I don't want to be over excited and I am fortunate that my hero Mashrafe [Bin Mortaza] bhai is there to advice me. He knows better than anybody as to what an injury-prone pace bowler should do. My long term dream is to serve my country for at least 15 years, so I have to be careful as I has been living with injuries from a very early stage of my career," added the paceman.

With a Test line-up that's struggling to find effective pacers, it would be a blessing for the Tigers if they can receive a fit Taskin any time in the future, even if not next year as per the bowler's target.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন